Thursday, August 5, 2010

Maccabi TA signed Big Sofo for 2 seasons

Today, 5 August, center Sofoklis Schortsanitis (25, 2.06), signed a two-year contract with Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv.


Immediately after the signing, which took place in Cyprus, the player said, “As soon as I made the decision not to keep playing in Greece, I started looking for a big club, one that was well-run and had a great reputation, where I could make a contribution – I found all that with Maccabi Tel Aviv. I’m very excited to come to Tel Aviv and to Nokia Arena. I know the club, its fans and its impressive accomplishments very well, and I’m going to do everything I can to continue to glorify Maccabi Tel Aviv.”

Maccabi head coach David Blatt said after the signing, “I’m pleased and delighted that we’ve signed Sofo.
As we began building the club, we set certain goals; one of the main goals was to find an inside player, one who will dominate under the basket. We were patient, we waited a long time and in the end we found one of the best centers in all of Europe, someone who is also one of the most special and popular players who can be found today. Our fans have been waiting for a big man, and here he is.


The rest of the announcement can be found at Maccabi's official site.

Click here to return to the homepage.

0 comments: